Have you ever wanted to make some lovely posters, labels, or flashcards but don’t have a lot of time to fuss around and find just the right seasonal or themed boarder? Well, look no further! My favourite UK-based learning printables website, twinkl, has outdone themselves with their new twinkl create feature!
Do you wish you could make your own printables for your classroom, home, or group get-together? I’ve only very recently learned how to do some very simple printables myself. But they are time-consuming and fiddly. Twinkl has taken out the muss and fuss and have made them oh-so-simple to create!
How can you do it?
- Go to twinkl create (you can try it out, but you won’t be able to upload your creation without a membership). Choose your template style: full-page, 2,3,4, 6 items to the page, etc. Today I’ve chosen 7 strips down one sheet.
- Choose your boarder. I’m going with a space theme because Tristan loves all things space.
- Choose your text. I’m going to make some vocabulary cards using the words provided, but you can make you own text if you’d like to. I’ve chosen some words that Tristan needs a little help with for his current science program.
- Choose your font and colour.
- Then you may add some images if you’d like. You can have the same image on all of the cards, or different ones. I’ve chosen different ones today.
- Save your creation and upload it to your pc to print. It’s THAT simple!
Tristan is going to love these, I can’t wait until he sees them! I’ll let him decide whether he wants to stick them to the wall, or if he’d like another set to use as a game of concentration and match up the words to the definitions, or maybe we’ll hole punch them and hold them with a ring and start his own vocabulary flip card set.
Of course, these are just a couple of ideas that this set could be used for. What else will we be making with twinkl create? Here are a few of the things that come to mind:
- Welcome to my class
- Locker tags
- Book plates
- Vocabulary cards/Word wall
- Writing paper
- Birthday posters (we’ll be doing this for Phil’s upcoming BIG birthday!)
- Recipe cards
- The list is endless!
The children are up and Tristan loves his new vocabulary cards! He’s chosen to put them on the kitchen cupboards where he can see them as he eats.
This is just twinkl’s newest fun feature; they have so many more resources waiting for you to discover them! If I’m honest, I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants the last couple of months. Lots of things are changing, and we’re playing catch-up. I think I will spend some time to look ahead and plan a little better. I’m going to start by sitting down with the children and asking them what they’d like to learn about and we’ll browse through the twinkl resources and plan ahead.
Tristan still uses the number lines I printed off last year, and they had so much fun making Chinese New Year paper dragons! I know the kids will love the 3D toy person (it looks like a Lego figure). And with Fire Safety Week coming up, these Fire Station resources will help you at home or at school!
See our reviews page for more ideas on the ways we’ve been using twinkl.