Do you have a summer bucket list for your family? We’ve never had an “official” one before. Usually we just wait and see what happens between the weather, Phil’s days off, and free events in the area.
Over the past couple of years I’ve seen so many bucket lists around I thought it might be fun to try one out. It will give us a little extra motivation to get out, and we can check off the things we’ve done and look back at them at the end of summer as we’re putting our summer photos together. Perhaps we can even stick our summer bucket list in the scrapbook as well.
Our list is very modest compared to many that I’ve seen, but I’m aiming for achievability, not disappointment that we didn’t accomplish everything we had on it. There will be more summers and new lists can be made as the children grow. And of course, we CAN do things that aren’t on our list, we certainly aren’t limited by it.
We have 8 items on our list to go along with the 8 weeks of summer. One event a week should be achievable, and it will give us something to look forward to each week. In no particular oder (again, we can’t control the weather or our health), here is our
Summer Bucket List:
– Have our traditional summer breakfast barbecue on the beach.
– Visit a new playground.
– Go on nature walk – perhaps in a wood or by the sea (we enjoyed our rock-pooling experience 2 years ago).
– Try out some geocaching nearby.
– Visit somewhere new during theEuropean Heritage Open Days.
– Visit an art gallery. The kids love looking at art. Maybe they can try to replicate their favourite piece when we get home.
– Go foraging. We’ve done this before, maybe we can forage for something new.
– Make our own cordial.
If you’d like to make your own summer bucket list, I’m sharing our template. The PDF template can be downloaded by clicking on the link here: Summer Bucket List PDF The photo is one I took a couple of years ago on Northern Ireland’s North Coast.
What is on your summer bucket list this year?
If you don’t want to miss a thing, please follow Crystal’s Tiny Treasures through any or all of the following social media channels: