Ok. I’ll admit it. I’m not the best cook. In fact the first time I cooked for my husband I burned a frozen pizza so bad we couldn’t eat it (I blame the friendly company for that one)!
I’ve been trying to expand my culinary skills since that day 8 years ago, and particularly over the past couple of years. I’ve been trying new recipes, and most of them have been successful. I’m becoming more adventurous and confident in my skills. Of course, it helps that I have a family who will eat just about anything and doesn’t complain about my skills. After all, Phil did ask me to marry him just 6 months after that first dinner disaster!
I heard about the Maille Culinary Challenge to use one of their products and create a recipe with it. I thought this sounded like fun. I thought sure, why not add more to my plate-literally this time!
Today’s sausage medley recipe isn’t difficult, and really it was just using up a few items rolling around the fridge for a quick dinner before hubby arrived home from work.
Sausage Medley Ingredients:
- 1 pkg (750gr) baby new potatoes
- 1 lb of cracked pepper beef sausages
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chilli pepper, diced small (with or without seeds, depending on how spicy you like your meal)
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers
- 7.5ml (3 tsp) Maille Mustard with White Wine, Dill & Lime
Sausage Medley Composition
1 ) Boil the baby new potatoes until they are done.
2) Nicely cook up and brown the sausages in a frying pan.
3) While the cooking is going on, put on your favourite tune and slice the red onion and the bell peppers into strips. Carefully dice the chilli pepper.
4) When the potatoes are cooked, drain the water from them and cut them in half, or smaller pieces if needed.
5) When the sausage is cooked, remove them from your pan and slice them diagonally into bite-size pieces.
6) Drain most of the fat from your frying pan carefully, leaving a little in the pan.
7) Put the potatoes into the frying pan and crisp them up.
8) Add the onions into the pan and sweat them. Add the peppers and sausage
9) Add the Maille Mustard with White Wine, Dill & Lime. and stir through. Cook until everything is heated through.
10) Serve to your hungry masses and enjoy around the table while catching up on the day’s events together.
It’s only been a couple of days since we made this meal and the kids are already requesting we make it again! That’s a successful recipe to me!
I received a bottle of Maille Mustard with White Wine, Dill & Lime in exchange for creating a recipe and sharing it with you.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, please follow Crystal’s Tiny Treasures through any or all of the following social media channels: