This recipe for ribbon pasta and veggies is a light, colourful meal that has the bright colours of late summer and early autumn. It isn’t as fussy as it appears, and the whole family enjoys it.
Ingredients for Ribbon pasta and veggies
2 Large Carrots
300g fresh tagliatelle
4TBSP Garlic-flavoured olive oil
Ground black pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese to garnish
This is how we prepare our ribbon pasta and veggies:
1) Bring a large pot of water to boil (with a drop of oil in it).
2) While the water is heating, use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots and zucchini into long ribbons.
3) When the water boils, add the vegetables and bring the water back to the boil.
4) Cook the veggies for about 30 seconds and then drain them.
5) Bring the water back to the boil again and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
6) Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
7) Add the veggie ribbons, flavoured oil and pepper.
8) Toss these together over medium heat until everything is covered nicely with the oil.
9) Serve your ribbon pasta and veggies and enjoy!
Tip: You don’t need to purchase garlic oil. We made our own by crushing some garlic into an almost-finished bottle of olive oil and letting it infuse for a couple of days. It’s that time of year that we’ll be having this on our menu in high rotation.
What is your favourite summer or autumn pasta?
If you don’t want to miss a thing, please follow Crystal’s Tiny Treasures through any or all of the following social media channels: