- I don’t recall where this recipe was recipe for Pear Spice Muffins was handed down from, but it’s definitely ranks at the top of the list when it comes to fruit muffins! This recipe works very well in doubling or tripling as I had to do last year as a thank you to Phil’s co-workers when they kindly traded some of their holiday time with him so he could go with us to Canada. They are still looking for the recipe and requesting he bring more in again, which I take as a compliment. Of course, if you don’t want to share, they keep well in the freezer, too
Pear Spice Muffins Ingredients:
- 300g Brown Sugar
- 250ml Oil
- 4TBSP Treacle/Molasses
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp All Spice (mixed spice works well, too)
- 4 Pears
- 350g Flour
Pear Spice Muffins Directions:
1) Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
2) Put muffin cases into your tins.
3) Slice the pears. If you are using mini-muffin tins, slice them into small pieces, if you are using loaf tins, larger slices are fine.
4) Mix all your ingredients, stirring after each addition, adding the flour last.
5) Pour the mixture into the tins, about ¾ full.
6) Put them into the oven for until they puff up a toothpick/knife edge comes out clean.
It’s approx. 50-65 mins for loaf tins, and about 15mins for min-muffins, in between for regular size muffins.
7) Cool for about 10 mins in the tins before moving them to a rack to cool.
8) Enjoy! Of course, this is the best part of any baking experience!
If you love spice as much as we do, be sure to try our Soft Ginger Cookies.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, please follow Crystal’s Tiny Treasures through any or all of the following social media channels: