You know that my children love to learn, and it’s so much more fun when they can learn with hands-on projects! Our family loves Mysteries In Time, and today we’re very happen to have teamed up with them to run a giveaway for a Mysteries In Time box just in time for autumn!
Mysteries In Time subscription boxes help bring history to life through stories and hands-on learning for children between the ages of 7 and 11.
Each Mysteries In Time box contains:
- A book; Max And Katie’s Adventure
- A booklet filled with interesting facts and activities
- A bookmark
- 3 colouring pages
- A packet of pencil crayons for colouring
- Stickers for the timeline map (the map is included only with the first box)
The bumper kits contain everything above, plus:
- A craft project
- A surprise gift that compliments the theme of the box
How To Use MIT Kits
There are a plethora of ways to use Mysteries In Time kits, and I’m sure you’ll find many fun ways for your family. Here are a couple of the ways we’ve used them.
The Mysteries In Time boxes can be used on their own just for fun, or you can delve deeper and create a larger unit study for a project your child is interested in, or for homeschool history class.
Go to the library and borrow some books for further research, visit BBC Bitesize and you can find some short video clips, and on the main site you may find some documentaries to watch together.
And don’t forget those field trips! You could visit a museum and look for art or pottery from Ancient China or perhaps a longboat from Viking times. Festivals and other events can also help to tie things together. Or create your own celebration at home with some appropriate music and food from the era. My children have had fun dressing in Victorian style at a Victorian Street Fair, and also at a steam train museum…so what they’ve learned through MIT is continually being reinforced over time.
To find out more about some of the Mysteries In Time boxes, and to find out how we have used them in more detail, check out our blog posts (click on the image to read more about each topic):
Mysteries In Time Details
- Ages: 7-11
- Subscription: 1, 3, and 6 month subscriptions.
- Price: Classic Box, £7.95/month, + postage, Bumper Box, £12.95 + postage
- Where to purchase: Mysteries In Time
- Available: Worldwide
Mysteries In Time Giveaway
Mysteries In Time is generously giving away a 3-month Bumper Box subscription! That’s hours and hours of fun and learning about history and world cultures! Perfect for midterm breaks, birthdays, weekends, and…well…anytime!
To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter widget below. Each action will get you an additional entry.
- This giveaway is will close at 11:59pm on September 16th.
- This contest is open to residents of the UK and there will be one winner.
- The winner will be contacted via email within 48 hours of the contest closing.
- Failure to reply within 28 days will result in a new winner being drawn.
- The winner will have to share their mailing address with Castle View Academy to pass on to Mysteries In Time, who will be responsible for distributing the prize.