Notice: Undefined index: pagesize in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: noentry in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 48
Hello! I’m hope you’re doing well. We’ve had an interesting day; Tristan’s over the chicken pox, we had a couple of deliveries today, and we went out at short notice to be filmed. More on that next month! We came home to the sink still full of dishes and a big pile of wet laundry waiting to be dried (We were successful in replacing our washer that started smoking last week, and it’s replacement is quite hi-tech. For now I’m sticking with the way the installer told me to run a load efficiently. I’ll have to wait for a less hectic week to figure out the rest-did you know you can now download wash programs from your phone to your washer?). It’s feeling like a zoo here with all the running about and problem solving that’s needed….speaking of which, this week’s book selection is all about life at the zoo.
This post contains affiliate links.
Life At The Zoo
I have provided links to these books for both my American and British readers. Enjoy!
For the younger crowd, here are some lovely board books about the zoo:
- Curious George at the Zoo: A Touch and Feel Book (UK link here)
- Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book (UK link here)
- Noisy Zoo (Busy Sounds Board Book) (UK link here)
And for my crafty followers, here are some fun zoo crafts. We have the Origami Zoo kit (see our review here), the finger puppets look like fun, and some day I hope to have time to sit down and learn to knit something other than a scarf; maybe a koala?
- Easy-to-Make Zoo Animals Finger Puppets (UK link here)
- Origami Zoo Kit: [Origami Kit with Book, 40 Papers, 95 Stickers, Zoo Map] (UK link here)
- Knit Your Own Zoo: Easy-to-Follow Patterns for 24 Animals (UK link here)
For a look at zoo life behind the scenes, here are a couple of books for the curious crowd:
- I Want To Be A Zookeeper (UK link here)
- Dr. Fisher’s Life on the Ark: Green Alligators, Bushman, and Other “Hare-Raising” Tales from America’s Most Popular Zoo and Around the World (UK link here)
- Bindi Irwin’s Wild Life (UK link here)
For adventurers, here are some fun books:
- The Mystery of the Mixed-up Zoo (UK link here)
- Trouble at the Zoo: A Bindi Irwin Adventure (UK link here)
- The Zoo Crew (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew) (UK link here)
And here are some stories that were compelling enough to be turned into both books and movies! Have you read or watched any of them? We’ve watched, We Bought A Zoo, and I think The Zookeeper’s Wife could be an interesting story.
- The Zookeeper’s Wife: A War Story (Thorndike Biography) (UK link here)
- We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals that Changed Their Lives Forever (UK link here)
- Life at the Zoo: Behind the Scenes with the Animal Doctors (UK link here)
The most popular post from last week was:
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!