Ice cream! Homemade cookies! Is there a better summertime (or spring, or autumn, or winter) combination? Homemade ice cream sandwiches are so easy to make, and a fraction of the cost of bought ones, once you try your own you’ll never go back!
This is how we make our favourite ice cream sandwiches:
1) Make your own cookies. I like to make triple chocolate chip cookies. Click on the picture to take you to our recipe.
2) Take out your favourite ice cream from the freezer, or make some fresh homemade ice cream, too.
3) Scoop some ice cream and smooth it over one of your cookies.
4) Top with another cookie.
5) Roll in sprinkles if you’d like to add a little extra pizzazz. We used some cake sprinkles my parents sent us. Pretty flowers work any time of the year. Red maple leaves are perfect for Canada Day celebrations or when missing home.
6) Sit down, relax, and take a bite…not too big, don’t forget about the brain freeze!
What is your favourite ice cream treat? Do you make your own or purchase them?
If you don’t want to miss a thing, please follow Crystal’s Tiny Treasures through any or all of the following social media channels: