Has your family started back to school or homeschool yet? My children have just finished up a couple of programs and projects they’ve been working on, and we’ve been having a good week of homeschool, as well as finding some time to work in going to find some lizards (the common lizard is the only reptile on the Emerald Isle; and we only go watch them, we don’t bother them), work on hobbies, and visit the library. Not bad for Wednesday!
One genre I love to read are biographies, and there certainly isn’t a shortage of them to keep me busy. Tristan is interested in history at the moment, and I think that reading some historical biographies will be fun for him. With the Paralympics coming up, Helen Keller would be an inspiring choice to start with, I think. Do you have any favourite biographies for kids or adults that you’d recommend? Share them in the comments below and I’ll add them to my wish list.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Historical Biographies For Kids
- The True Story of Pocahontas
- A Picture Book of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Gandhi for Kids: His Life and Ideas, with 21 Activities
- A Picture Book of Amelia Earhart
- Kids at Work: Lewis Hine and the Crusade Against Child Labor
- A Picture Book of Helen Keller
- Teacher Created Materials – TIME For Kids Informational Text: Anne Frank: A Light in the Dark – Grade 4 – Guided Reading Level S
- Helen Keller
- Kids with Courage: True Stories About Young People Making a Difference
- Time For Kids: Benjamin Franklin: A Man of Many Talents
- Time For Kids: Rosa Parks: Civil Rights Pioneer
- Time For Kids: Henry Ford