By no means do I have a green thumb, but my children do love to get out and into the garden. Whether it’s planting flowers and sharing them with the neighbours, weeding the neighbourhood, or just watching the birds from our kitchen window they like to get out and enjoy nature. Last week we ventured out for a walk and the kids took one of their flower ID books with them and had a great time looking up flowers. This week’s selection is all about the garden, I’m sharing some of our top picks of gardening books for kids, and you can share your posts with us further below.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Gardening Books For Kids
Let’s start with some basic gardening books:
- Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children
- Square Foot Gardening with Kids: Learn Together: – Gardening Basics – Science and Math – Water Conservation – Self-sufficiency – Healthy Eating (All New Square Foot Gardening)
- Garden to Table: A Kid’s Guide to Planting, Growing, and Preparing Food
And now that you’re comfortable with the basics, let’s do a little learning:
- Gardening Lab for Kids: 52 Fun Experiments to Learn, Grow, Harvest, Make, Play, and Enjoy Your Garden (Hands-On Family)
- Gardening Projects for Kids: Fantastic ideas for making things, growing plants and flowers, and attracting wildlife to the garden, with 60 practical projects and 500 photographs
- Kids’ Garden: 40 Fun Indoor and Outdoor Activities and Games
Why not have some fun and build a fairy garden?
- The Most Simple Way to Create a Fairy Garden: How to Create a Fairy Garden with Fairies
- Fairy Gardening: Creating Your Own Magical Miniature Garden
- Creating A Fairy Garden: Having Fun with Plants and Fairies
Don’t forget about the garden birds:
- Let’s Look for Garden Birds: A Spot & Learn, Stick & Play Book
- Projects for the Birder’s Garden: Over 100 Easy Things That You can Make to Turn Your Yard and Garden into a Bird-Friendly Haven
- How to Build Birdhouses, Baths & Feeders: 27 Books & Bird Watching Guides with Over 250 Design Plans
And now look down and discover what’s beneath the surface:
- Garden Wigglers: Earthworms in Your Backyard (Backyard Bugs)
- Bugs in the Garden
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs (National Geographic Little Kids First Big Books)