Do you like to have fun with your food? We certainly do! Food doesn’t have to be boring for kids (or adults). Every now and then we like to mix things up and make fun food snacks and meals for the family. Here are some of our favourites.
1) With summer coming up, it’s time to get out and enjoy the weather. We made these little deviled egg sailboats to enjoy while watching a raft race, but they’d be perfect for a picnic at the lake as well. And don’t forget there are also lots of eggsperiments you can do with eggs!
2) For the winter (it is heading to that season down under) these marshmallow snowmen were fun to make and there would be plenty of ways to decorate it depending on what you have in your cupboards.
3) Excuse me, do you have the time? There’s always time to make something special for your children! Whether you’re learning about nursery rhymes or learning to tell time, there’s never a wrong time to eat a clock snack.
4) It’s spring time and the spiders are coming out of their hibernation, but this is one spider you don’t need to be afraid of! From Little Miss Muffet to Spiderman, there are plenty of themes to enjoy this spider snack with.
5) Ants on a log is a classic, but we’ve put a little twist on ours to make it nut-free.
6) Cookie art was something new to me, but it’s so common here that there’s even a category for it in the annual garden show! Let your imagination run free!
7) Say “cheese!” It doesn’t matter if you prefer Canon or Nikon, this healthy snack will bring a smile to little faces.
8) These boneyard breadsticks are perfect for Halloween of course, but also fun for learning about the human body.
9) Our photo may look scary, but mummy hotdogs are fun for the kids to make (and you can use any leftover dough for the boneyard breadsticks!
10) Continuing with the Halloween theme, Mummy Muffins are cute and quick!
11) Have you ever painted cookies? I’ve passed down the recipe we used as kids and my kids used it to add character to their 3D Dinosaur cookies.
13) Arty Cheese on Toast is a favourite weekend breakfast in our home! The kids love the designs on their toast!
14) Stew is a nice, healthy meal, but we jazzed it up one evening with some sheep-shaped dumplings. Kallista called it a special meal.