Get out your autumn craft stash! Maggy Woodley of Red Ted Art is sharing some of her favourite fall and Thanksgiving craft ideas with us. I particularly love the crocheted fox; it’s so adorable! And the clay owls have been on my bucket list for the kids. Which crafty make is your favourite?
Fall season is beautiful, don’t you think? It is also full of contradictions with warm colours of nature but, at the same time, colder weather. We love fall season for all the seasonal crafts we can do during this time, from fall crafts to Halloween and Thanksgiving. Such a busy season for people like us who are crafters! If you’re involving your kids and turning crafting into family time, we also prepared many easy kids crafts to try. We particularly enjoy making DIY Fall garlands and have some for you below!
- If you, or someone else, has a birthday in fall months, or you are simply looking for easy fall cake idea, you will love this cake decorated with leaves, hedgehogs and little mushrooms! Adorable, isn’t it?
2. Fall is wonderful time of the year with so many beautiful warm colours and falling leaves! Use your old newspapers to paint those colourful leaves and bring a bit of that warmth inside. We created newspaper leaf garland with our painted leaves. How will you use yours?
3. As colder days come with fall season and we spend more time inside, kids are getting easily bored. Invite them to make fall toilet paper roll crafts like these adorable bird puppets.
4. Go out for a walk and take advantage of those few warmer days during fall. While in a walk, gather leaves and pine cones to make fall nature crafts like this little turkey. Perfect natural decoration for Thanksgiving!
5. Have you worked with air-dry clay before? It’s perfect for younger kids who are just starting with their sculpting projects. We made these adorable little leaf pinch pots and they look beautiful displayed during fall and Thanksgiving!
6. Wrap it up, wrap around! Make pumpkin garland with preschoolers that also serves as great fine motor practice for their little fingers with all the wrapping motions!
7. This fall tree craft combines some of our favourites – paper crafts and warm colours of fall! Kids will have fun making this easy but not usual tree craft by looping paper strips!
8. If you’re learning about hibernation or reading a favourite book with hedgehog as main character, add this cute hedgehog craft into mix. Kids can use finished hedgehogs to retell the stories or make their own, new and original stories!
9. Ah, we love owls! They are one of our favourite crafting theme and these cute clay owls are no exception! We just had to make them! One of the benefits of crafting owls, you can use them throughout fall season, during Thanksgiving but also as a Christmas decoration!
10. For crocheters, this adorable little fox is must-make! We use them to make crochet fox ornaments. Out of all woodland animals, fox is the cutest one! At least for us! We made numerous fox crafts over time. Which one do you like the best?
Year in and year out, we made a number of different DIY fall garland crafts. There is something so satisfactory when you make something and look into finished project hanging around your home! Not only garlands, but ornaments and so many other decorations. We just love all the warm colours of fall and use them often for crafting project!
I hope you discovered some ideas you loved. I can’t wait to see you over at Red Ted Art sometime soon!
Maggy Woodley is the creative mind behind the wildly successful site, Red Ted Art. You can find her working at her kitchen table, as well as on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google + and Twitter.