I’m starting to feel in a more Christmassy mood now that the pain from my foot is starting to subside (little toe vs opening door – the door won) and I can hobble about the house after the kids. I had planned some Christmas baking but it was off the books last week. Fortunately, I had a few items up my sleeve to keep everyone happy in the meantime.
We recently received our Christmas box from Degustabox (this post contains affiliate links) by courier. We were so disappointed that we were on the train to Belfast when I received a text to say it would be delivered that day. I wasn’t able to access the wi-fi to rearrange delivery, but my wonderful husband had done that for me by the time we arrived back home.
When the box arrived the next day there were lots of festive items enclosed in our box to match the moods of my children who love to cut open the box and be the first to see what’s inside.
Here are the items that we received in our Christmas box, but keep in mind that the contents may vary – so if you order more than one box, they may be slightly different (as a reviewer, I received a couple of extra items so we could try them out for you). More than one box, you say? Why not? Degustabox would make a great gift for someone who is not well or needs a little cheering up. A thank you for a neighbour or work colleague…the next time you’re looking for a unique gift, remember Degustabox (hint hint: Christmas is coming up faster than you want to admit)! I’ve even included Degustabox in my ‘hard to buy for’ gift guide, which will be published this week.
The Christmas Degustabox
- Harley’s Glitter Jelly in 2 flavours, and the best jelly Phil has had in years
- Christian Potier Sauce in Pepper flavour
- Butterkist Choc Mallow Popcorn, perfect for movie night!
- Butterkist Sweet Cinema Style Popcorn (Phil’s favourite)
- Ryvita Thins flatbread in Caramelised Onion
- Ryvita Crackers in Green and Black Olive
- Pipers Crisps in Wild Thyme & Rosemary, packed full of savoury flavour!
- Jules Destrooper Butter Crisps, so rich and lovely with tea; also great with ice cream!
- J20 Glitterberry in grape and cherry flavour and full of glittery sparkles will be a real treat for the kids to share at Christmas dinner.
- Michel et Augustin dark chocolate cookie squares, Phil will love these in his lunchbox!
- Broderick’s Crunchy Slam Dunk Peanut Chunk
- The Good Cider in both Strawberry and Wild Berry flavour, my top pick this month!
- Appy Kids Co, Gruffalo Golden Apple Juice (pack of 3), will find their way with us next week when we’re on a city adventure
- Ahmad Tea Ltd. has a nice light flavour in the pyramid tea bags
The total retail value of a Christmas box is £21.01, which isn’t bad for the cost of £12.99 a month (with free delivery!), and of course, if you use the coupon code X2OEC you’ll get your first box for only £5.99! (For my lovely US Readers click here for a 50% discount) You can’t beat that.
This month’s winners were the cider, butter cookies, Pipers Crisps and Hartley’s Glitter Jelly. We haven’t tried everything out yet as we are patiently waiting to use the Ryvita Thins and Ryvita Crackers as a part of our annual New Year’s Eve cheese board dinner. (Note to self: put cheese on the grocery list!)
My children loved helping to make and decorate Hartley’s Glitter Jelly. We were meant to take this with us for a party but someone (umm, I won’t mention who…) didn’t get it started early enough so it hadn’t set in time. I don’t think anyone minded as it meant it was all for us! The kids were amazed by the glitter and Phil said it was the best flavour he’d tasted in years.
Click here to reveal a recipe for an old classic with an adult flavour inspired by this box!
If you’d like to try out Degustabox for yourself, you can get a £7.00 discount using the code X2OEC .
You can can connect with Degustabox through their sites:
US website , US Twitter, and USA Instagram.