Chinese New Year is coming up very soon, and what better way is there for children to learn more about their own culture, or that of someone else than through books and crafts. Of course, if there are Chinese New Year celebrations near you, go check them out! We’ve been to some in the past, and the children always enjoy the colour and excitement surrounding them. Today I’m sharing some Chinese New Year books with you; year of the rooster, dragons, the story of the Great Race, and some fun crafts for the kids to make as well.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chinese New Year Books For Kids
- The Great Race (UK link)
- The Magical Rooster: Stories of the Chinese Zodiac, A Tale in English and Chinese (UK link)
- Chinese Zodiac Animals (UK link)
- Paper Crafts for Chinese New Year (UK link)
- Fun Chinese New Year Crafts (UK link)
- TIME For Kids Informational Text: Make a Chinese New Year Dragon – Grade 1
- Holidays Around the World: Celebrate Chinese New Year: With Fireworks, Dragons, and Lanterns (UK link)
- Bringing In the New Year (Read to a Child!) (UK link)
- Sam and the Lucky Money (UK link)