Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well today. I tell you – it’s been some day here – if something can go wrong, it is…I’m wishing I was still camping with the family in the wilds of County Donegal! I’ve come home to weeds that have made themselves all too much at home, but the wildflowers the kids planted are in bloom and looking lovely. It’s time to get out our botany books and discover what’s growing at home and in the parks.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Botany Books For Kids
Kids love to learn how things grow!
- National Geographic Readers: Seed to Plant
- How Plants Grow (Time for Kids Nonfiction Readers: Level 1.4)
- A Plant’s Life Cycle! From Small Sprouts to Big Leaves
What’s the best way to garden with kids? And how do plants ‘work’?
- Gardening: Best Guide Plan for Gardening with Kids
- Botany: Plants, Cells and Photosynthesis (Super Smart Science)
- Ready, Set, Grow! A Kid’s Guide to Gardening
Have some fun coloring while learning about botany!
- Botany for the Artist: An Inspirational Guide to Drawing Plants
- Botany Illustrated: Introduction to Plants, Major Groups, Flowering Plant Families
- Flowers Coloring Book For Kids
Kids will love discovering weird plants and going on adventures:
- Shanleya’s Quest: A Botany Adventure for Kids Ages 9-99
- Weird Plants! Strange Plants from Around the World – Botany for Kids
- The Elements of Botany for Beginners and for Schools
Activities and Books about the 4th of July by Sicily’s Heart and Home is very popular!