Last week the weather was calm and warm, ad today the wind is picking up and the temperature will drop over the next few days. Gale-force winds and rain look to be in our future; but not yet any snow. So far this winter we’ve had it quite mild…but maybe, just maybe there will be snow yet in February, or maybe March. Perhaps we may even have to drive up into the hills to see some. We did that a few years back, and it was great fun! So until we have some snow in person, the best we can do is live vicariously and read some books about snow, make paper snowflakes, and dream about snowmen.
This post contains affiliate links.
Books about snow and snowmen
I have provided links to these books for both my American and British readers. Enjoy!
- The First Day of Winter (UK link is here)
- The Snowy Day Board Book (UK link is here)
- The Mitten (UK link is here)
- The Snowman (UK link is here)
- The Snowman Storybook (UK link is here)
- Snowman’s Story (UK link is here)
- The Snowflake : A Water Cycle Story (UK link is here)
- 75 Cool Snowflakes To Color & Cut Out (UK link is here)
- 100 Amazing Paper Animal Snowflakes: A Magical Menagerie of Kirigami Templates to Copy, Fold, and Cut–Includes 8 Preprinted Color Templates (UK link is here)
- The Cool Story Behind Snow (Science of Fun Stuff) (UK link is here)
- Marley: Snow Dog Marley (I Can Read Level 2) (UK link is here)
- Snow (I Can Read It All By Myself) (UK link is here)