Autumn means harvest time! Whether you grow your own apples, forage for them, or purchase them from your favourite green grocer or supermarket, they’re everywhere so we thought the time was ripe to bring you a bushel of books about apples this week. I’ve picked (sorry about the puns, I’m not sure I should write up posts at 12:15am!)a selection of books for you with different genres once again. You’ll find picture books, recipe books, books about growing your own apple trees, and more.
Would you believe we’re actually out of apples at the moment? It’s a rare thing for us. Each member of our family has a favourite. I’ve found it interesting that the apple varieties that are popular in Canada and Northern Ireland are different. Do you have a favourite?
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A Bushel of Books About Apples
- An Apple’s Life (Watch It Grow)
- How Do Apples Grow?
- Apples, Apples Everywhere!: Learning About Apple Harvests
- The Apple Lover’s Cookbook
- An Apple A Day: 365 Recipes with Creative Crafts, Fun Facts, and 12 Recipes from Celebrity Chefs Inside!
- Apples Cookbook: 101 Recipes with Apples
- A Beginner’s Guide to Apples – Planting – Growing – Harvesting – Preserving – Preparing
- The Apple Grower: A Guide for the Organic Orchardist
- Apple Growing
North African Books:
The Desperate Homeschoolers are back for another feature with their week of learning about North Africa with food, fun, and of course, lots of books!