A big part of summer in North America and Japan is baseball! Unfortunately, it’s not the same over here in Northern Ireland; I have yet to come across a game….or even see a baseball diamond. I remember in elementary school going out daily for the whole month of June for our phys ed class and playing baseball at the diamonds in the park behind the school grounds. I was never very good at playing, but I didn’t mind watching in person. I’ve been trying to teach my children a little about baseball over the past couple of years, but we have to rely on YouTube and our small back garden for practicing, but they do like it. After you’ve had a look at these baseball books, you might want to design your own baseball uniform, listen to Casey At The Bat with Maestro Classics, or try some additional activities.
This post contains affiliate links.
Baseball Books For Kids
This week I’ve rounded up a collection of baseball books with a few different themes. The main title is linked to Amazon.com, and the Amazon.co.uk link for each book follows in brackets for your convenience in finding out more about each of these titles. Enjoy!
For kids who can’t get enough baseball:
- The Greatest Baseball Stories Ever Told: Thirty Unforgettable Tales from the Diamond (UK link is here)
- Big Book of WHO All-Stars (Sports Illustrated Kids Big Books) (UK link is here)
- The Everything Kids’ Baseball Book: From Baseball’s History to Today’s Favorite Players–With Lots of Home Run Fun in Between! (UK link is here)
Fun baseball stories for kids:
- Ballpark Mysteries #1: The Fenway Foul-up (UK link is here)
- The Boy Who Saved Baseball (UK link here)
- Paul the Pitcher (Rookie Ready to Learn) (UK link is here)
In the mood for recipes and rules, these are for you:
- Casey at the Bat (Dover Children’s Classics) (UK link is here)
- Ballpark Cookbook The National League (Ballpark Cookbooks) (UK link is here)
- 2017 Official Rules of Major League Baseball (UK link is here)
First baseball books for toddlers:
- My First Book of Baseball: A Rookie Book (UK link is here)
- My First Baseball Book (First Sports) (UK link is here)
- Goodnight Baseball (UK link is here)
The most popular post from last week was:
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
Simply copy and paste the code in the grey box below to add our button to your website. Thank you for sharing!