Good afternoon and evening! I’m running late this week as we have had some special visitors fly in, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging without your weekly dose of great books! This week you’ll find one my children’s favourite subjects: art. Have a look through the stacks and I’m sure you’ll find something that will appeal to your children. From learning about the great artists around the world, to learning to become artists themselves (see this post for our favourite art program ever). So until next week, enjoy a great read, and have a wonderful weekend!
And as life would have it when you’re a little behind….the internet isn’t playing nice tonight and I cannot create a feature photo! I’ll add one in tomorrow if the monkeys are back in business – I guess they don’t want to work for peanuts anymore.
This post contains affiliate links.
Books About Art and Artists
I have provided links to these books for both my American and British readers. Enjoy!
- Great American Artists for Kids: Hands-On Art Experiences in the Styles of Great American Masters (UK link)
- The Magical Garden of Claude Monet (UK link)
- Leonardo da Vinci for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 21 Activities (UK link)
- Art From Her Heart: Folk Artist Clementine Hunter (UK link)
- Stones, Bones and Stitches: Storytelling through Inuit Art (UK link here)
- Floating World Japanese Prints Coloring Book: Color your Masterpiece & Clear Your Mind (Adult Coloring Book) (UK link)
- Michelangelo for Kids: His Life and Ideas, with 21 Activities
- Matisse the King of Color (Anholt’s Artists Books for Children) (UK link)
- van Gogh and the Sunflowers (UK link)
- Artistic Pursuits Grades 4-6 Book 2 Color and Composition (UK link)
- 13 Art Techniques Children Should Know (UK link)
- Art for Kids: Drawing: The Only Drawing Book You’ll Ever Need to Be the Artist You’ve Always Wanted to Be
A post by Our Unschooling Journey Through Life with some great unschooling ideas for all subjects. After all, we all need a little break from strict education from time to time, and this is one way to achieve that.