Notice: Undefined index: pagesize in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: noentry in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 48
Hello! I’m a little later today than usual. It’s been a week and a half with our washing machine smoking up the kitchen just as I was researching vacuums and freezers to replace the ones that have quit. Then Tristan became covered in spots yesterday and we had the official diagnosis this morning that he has chicken pox. It isn’t going around our town, so we’re not quite sure where he’s picked them up; not that it matters. He was tired today and was only starting to feel bad late this afternoon. Strangely, I’m the one who’s itchy with a sore throat. Perhaps I’m finally being hit with what I’ve been trying to fight off for weeks. When everything seems to go wrong, it’s a great time to head out to nature and enjoy the beauty and simplicity of it. This week’s linky is all about life in the forest, which fits in well!
This post contains affiliate links.
Books about life in the forest
I have provided links to these books for both my American and British readers. Enjoy!
- Forest Adventure (Amazing Animals) (UK link here)
- Over in the Forest: Come and Take a Peek (UK link here)
- Night-Night, Forest Friends (UK link here)
- 21 Strange Animals That Live In The Rainforest: Extraordinary Animal Photos & Facinating Fun Facts For Kids – (Weird & Wonderful Animals) (Volume 2) (UK link here)
- Amazon Rainforest (TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers) (UK link here)
- Jaw-Dropping Geography: Fun Learning Facts About Resplendent Rainforests: Illustrated Fun Learning For Kids (Volume 1) (UK link here)
- The Lost Art of Reading Nature’s Signs: Use Outdoor Clues to Find Your Way, Predict the Weather, Locate Water, Track Animals―and Other Forgotten Skills (UK link here)
- The Forest Unseen: A Year’s Watch in Nature (UK link here)
- The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate—Discoveries from a Secret World (UK link here)
- Out on the Land: Bushcraft Skills from the Northern Forest (UK link here)
- Play The Forest School Way: Woodland Games and Crafts for Adventurous Kids (UK link here)
- The Outdoor Classroom in Practice, Ages 3–7: A month-by-month guide to forest school provision (UK link here)
- Learn to Draw Forest Animals & Wildlife: Step-by-step instructions for 20 different woodland animals (UK link here)
- Science Project Ideas about Trees (UK link here)
- Temperate Forest Experiments: 8 Science Experiments in One Hour or Less (Last Minute Science Projects with Biomes) (UK link here)
The most popular post from last week was:
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!