Notice: Undefined index: pagesize in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: noentry in /home/castlevi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 48
Good morning, once again! It’s a busy day here as we are trying to get caught up and work ahead a little this week. I’m not sure who’s winning this race yet, but it certainly feels like we’re going in circles around a track. Yesterday we received a box of books to review, so the kids are happy today checking them out and starting to read them. Although horses aren’t the main topic of these books; there is a horse or two mentioned within them. Horses have been an important part of history; especially before the engine was invented. But over the centuries, horses still remain to be used both for practicality, and for friendship. Today I’m sharing some books about horses (and seahorses) that you might be interested in.
This post contains affiliate links.
Books About Horses
I have provided links to these books for both my American and British readers. Enjoy!
- How to Speak “Horse”: A Horse-Crazy Kid’s Guide to Reading Body Language, Understanding Behavior, and “Talking Back” with Simple Groundwork Lessons (UK link here)
- Cherry Hill’s Horse Care for Kids: Grooming, Feeding, Behavior, Stable & Pasture, Health Care, Handling & Safety, Enjoying (UK link here)
- Games for Kids on Horseback: 13 Ideas for Fun and Safe Horseplay (UK link here)
- A Horse of Her Own (UK link here)
- A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming (Girl Detective & Her Horse Mystery Story Ages 6-8 & 9-12) (UK link here)
- Rimfire: The Barrel Racing Morgan Horse (UK link here)
- Horse Games & Puzzles: 102 Brainteasers, Word Games, Jokes & Riddles, Picture Puzzlers, Matches & Logic Tests for Horse-Loving Kids (Storey’s Games & Puzzles) (UK link here)
- Horse Play!: 25 Crafts, Party Ideas & Activities for Horse-Crazy Kids (UK link here)
- National Geographic Kids Ponies and Horses Sticker Activity Book: Over 1,000 Stickers! (NG Sticker Activity Books) (UK link here)
- Seahorses: Amazing Pictures and Facts About Seahorses (Let’s Learn About) (UK link here)
- Mister Seahorse: board book (World of Eric Carle) (UK link here)
- Seahorse – Discover: Early reader’s wildlife photography book (UK link here)
The most popular post from last week was:
The most clicked-on post from last week’s linky was this post about homeschooling through the alphabet: H is for Heart by Our Unschooling Journey Through Life.
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!