The first butterfly of the year has been spotted in our town, but we haven’t been quite so lucky yet. Bees and wasps, yes. And spiders, lots of spiders, even one that dropped off the ceiling the night before last and landed with a loud tap beside my head. Needless to say I haven’t slept well the past two nights. But butterflies are beautiful, and have such an amazing transformation. Today I’m sharing some books about butterflies that will show you how it’s done, how to raise them, colour them, and fold them with origami. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
Books About Butterflies
- Butterfly Colors and Counting (UK link here)
- From Caterpillar to Butterfly (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1) (UK link here)
- How to Raise Monarch Butterflies: A Step-by-Step Guide for Kids (UK link here)
- Mind Twisters: Butterfly Mazes (UK link here)
- Origami Butterflies Mini Kit: Fold Up a Flutter of Gorgeous Paper Wings! (UK link here)
- Dover Publications-Butterflies Coloring Book (UK link here)
- National Geographic Readers: Caterpillar to Butterfly (UK link here)
- Waiting for Wings (UK link here)
- Explore My World Butterflies (UK link here)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar (UK link here)
- My, Oh My–A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library) (UK link here)
- DK Readers L1: Born to Be a Butterfly (UK link here)
The most popular post from last week was:
And now for the link up!
Our hosts will still share a themed selection of our favorite books each week.
If you’d like to join us as a co-host for What to Read Wednesday, please contact Anne.
This list has our book themes, but you don’t have to stick to that to link up–any family-friendly posts are welcome. So, come on! Join in the fun!
If you’d like to link back to What to Read Wednesday, here is a pretty button for you!
And Now It’s Your Turn To Link Up: